In order to increase consumer acceptance, the farmer uses several digital channels to report about his daily life.
Agricultural production is increasingly being criticized by the media and the costumer´s need for information is growing. By using social media and other public channels, Amos Venema became a known blogger and fills the gap between farmers and consumers.
- Soil type: Clay
- Climate: Temperate oceanic climate
- Grazing: Yes
- Grazing management type: rotational grazing
- Agricultural Area : 113 ha
- Permanent grassland area: 107 ha
- Number of animals: 170 milking cows
- Average stocking rates:
- Agricultural area 2.21 LU/ha
- Grassland area 2.33 LU/ha
- Breed type: HF
- HF breeding farm
Why it is working
The farmer describes his daily life and his farm work in a clear and simple way. He comments on current agricultural policy and ex-plains how farmes are affected. Due to transparency and positive descriptions a high acceptance is created.